- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Anurag Thakur takes charge as BCCI prez
MUMBAI: Anurag Thakur has replaced Shashank Manohar as the BCCI president, taking charge at a time when the world’s richest cricket board is being pressured by the Justice Lodha Committee to implement sweeping reforms, including restricting advertisements in live telecast of matches to drinks, lunch and tea breaks.
The BJP MP becomes the youngest BCCI president post-Independence. Thakur is the 34th president of the BCCI.
Earlier, Manohar had quit as BCCI president to take up the International Cricket Council (ICC) chairman’s job.
After Thakur’s resignation, the BCCI secretary’s post was vacant and was filled up by the Maharashtra Cricket Association chief and business magnate Shirke.