- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Anurag Thakur takes charge as BCCI prez
MUMBAI: Anurag Thakur has replaced Shashank Manohar as the BCCI president, taking charge at a time when the world’s richest cricket board is being pressured by the Justice Lodha Committee to implement sweeping reforms, including restricting advertisements in live telecast of matches to drinks, lunch and tea breaks.
The BJP MP becomes the youngest BCCI president post-Independence. Thakur is the 34th president of the BCCI.
Earlier, Manohar had quit as BCCI president to take up the International Cricket Council (ICC) chairman’s job.
After Thakur’s resignation, the BCCI secretary’s post was vacant and was filled up by the Maharashtra Cricket Association chief and business magnate Shirke.