- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Anup Jalota, Ashok Tandon among new Prasar Bharti board part-timers
MUMBAI: Public broadcaster Prasar Bharati will soon fill up the four vacant positions of part-time members as a three-member committee headed by Vice President Hamid Ansari has cleared the names out of over 12 names.
The four selected personnel are journalist and former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s media advisor Ashok Tandon, Bhajan singer Anup Jalota, former Britannia Industries MD and CEO Sunil Alagh, and Niti Digital CEO Shashi Shekhar.
Earlier, names of Bollywood actress Kajol, senior journalist Minhaz Merchant, former editor of RSS mouthpiece ‘Organiser’ Seshadri Chari, actor Vikram Gokhale, academician Vartika Nanda, film writer Prakash Kapadia, and Kannada actor Avinash were floating for the job.
Prasar Bharati board comprises a chairman (A Surya Prakash), a chief executive officer (Jawhar Sircar), a member (finance) (Rajeev Singh), a member (personnel) (Suresh Chandra Panda), a representative of the I&B ministry (Addl Secretary JS Mathur), DG of All India Radio (F Sheheryar) and DG of Doordarshan (C Lalrosanga) as ex-officio members and six part-time members. At present, IIM Ahmedabad director SK Barua and Muzaffar Ali are two part-time members.
The three-member panel, which cleared the names, also comprises Press Council of India (PCI) chairman Justice (Retd) CK Prasad and I&B Ministry secretary Sunil Arora.