- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Amitabh Bachchan is co-owner of IPTL’s OUE Singapore Slammers
MUMBAI: Actor Amitabh Bachchan is going to be the co-owner of the OUE Singapore Slammers, along with UD Group.
The OUE Singapore Slammers is one of the five teams competing in the second edition of the Coca-Cola International Premier Tennis League (IPTL).
Singapore will host the final leg of the competition from 18-20 December to determine who will be the league champion for 2015.
“My work schedule allows me to only be there for one day, but I’m confident the Singapore Slammers will be playing in the final. I’m also really looking forward to hanging out with members of our clan, the #SlammersNation. I’d like to invite my fans and tennis fans alike to come spend the day with me at the Singapore Indoor Stadium,” he said.
The UD Group bought the OUE Singapore Slammers to help cultivate the first generation tennis stars of Singapore.
Chairman Prateek Gupta said, “For us, the IPTL and the OUE Singapore Slammers is as much about entertaining the fans as it is about winning that trophy. In Mr Bachchan, we found a kindred spirit who believes in that aim. Moreover, his commitment to the sport of tennis means that he will be a crucial driver of our Junior Slammers programme as well. We look forward to creating a winning team with a true Indian icon.”