- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Amazon Prime, Excel Entertainment creating web series on Rahul Yadav
MUMBAI: After releasing its first original India web series ‘Inside Edge’, Amazon Prime Video is said to be creating a web series about Housing.com founder and former CEO Rahul Yadav.
The public spat between Rahul Yadav and Housing.com investors, which resulted in Yadav quitting the company, will be made into an Amazon web series, reports ‘The Times of India’.
Excel Entertainment, run by Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani, is behind the project and the show will be launched next week.
According to the TOI report, a senior former employee of Housing.com was contacted for inputs to develop the script. There is no official confirmation from Amazon Prime Video or Excel Entertainment.
Yadav was the founder of Housing.com, which was named one of the most successful tech start-ups of 2012. There was a public spat between Yadav and investors that resulted in Yadav resigning from the position of CEO in 2015. Yadav is often referred to as the ‘bad boy’ of Indian the start-up fraternity for his temperament.
The company had cited Yadav’s behaviour towards the media, investors and the ecosystem as the reason for his ouster. The board had also said that his behaviour was ‘not befitting a CEO’ and that it was ‘detrimental to the company’.
Yadav, an IIT Bombay dropout, had also made controversial remarks about Infosys CEO Vishal Sikka, and the founders of Ola and Zomato. He had announced distributing his personal equity in the company to its employees. Earlier this month, Yadav joined Anarock Property Consultants as its chief technology and product officer.