- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Amazon India’s first original series ‘Inside Edge’ is most-watched title on Prime Video India
MUMBAI: Amazon India has announced that its first original series ‘Inside Edge’ is the most-watched title on Prime Video in India. Nearly 50% of Prime customers have already seen ‘Inside Edge’ only in the first week.
The first season of ‘Inside Edge’ has the highest completion rate among all global Originals. Prime Video India reached an all-time high of unique customers streaming on the day of ‘Inside Edge’ launch.
Produced by Excel Media & Entertainment and created by Karan Anshuman, ‘Inside Edge’ launched on 10 July. With Vivek Oberoi in the lead, ‘Inside Edge’ is a series that follows the ups and downs of a team through a season of the Powerplay league and all that comes with it: greed, ambition, corruption and even some cricket.
‘Inside Edge’ has an IMDb rating of 8.3, with over 1100 votes in just a week, higher than 2017’s top blockbuster movies.
It is the second best performing Original, with more percentage of unique streamers in its home market than any other show except ‘The Grand Tour’ (in the UK). Amazon Prime Video also witnessed an unprecedented response with the highest number of streaming customers on the service in the week of launch.
Apart from being the first Indian Amazon Original, the series also marked another first—the first ever IMDb premium title page in India. ‘Inside Edge’ also has the highest completion rate of any show on Amazon Prime Video: once customers get started, they watch all the episodes.
The first customer to binge watch the entire series did it in just seven hours, watching all 10 episodes, start to finish, without even taking a break. The series attracted viewers across the length and breadth of the country, with customers from Jammu to Ernakulum to Port Blair streaming ‘Inside Edge’.
Prime Video head of global content Roy Price said, “We are proud to be launching our first original series in India as part of our global effort to bring the greatest entertainment and creators to Prime Video. Our top show in Japan, – Hitoshi Matsumoto Presents Documental – Germany – ‘You Are Wanted’ and in the US ‘The Man in the High Castle’ – are all Originals and we’re excited to add ‘Inside Edge’ to this roster of high-quality content.”
Amazon Video India director, country head Nitesh Kripalani said, “The launch of ‘Inside Edge’ is momentous for Amazon Prime Video in India; it’s step 1 in our promise to create the most compelling and entertaining Indian Originals for global audiences. We are humbled by the response to ‘Inside Edge’ and it is the most binge-watched show on Prime Video India. We will keep working hard to add more content selection and make more Originals with the best of India’s talent, writers and filmmakers.”
Amazon India added that Twitter is ablaze after members watched ‘Inside Edge’
- “Watched Ep 1&2 of #InsideEdge on @AmazonVideo and it’s off to great start! Congratulations,” tweeted Sameer Nair, ex-CEO Balaji Telefilms and ex-CEO of Star TV
- “Bingewatched #InsideEdge. A delightful Amazon Original. India’s first. Congrats,” tweeted Pritish Nandy – Founder, Promoter and Non-executive Chairman, Pritish Nandy Communications.
‘Inside Edge’ is a series that follows the twists and turns in the lives of characters as they reveal the game behind the game. Set within a season of the Powerplay League, a cricketing event, the central characters are the Mumbai Mavericks team that weave you into their complex stories, their challenges and triumphs, their sub-plots into a vortex of manipulation, love, ambition, voyeurism, deceit, greed, lust and betrayal.