- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Alibaba looking to buy Chinese Business News Network
Alibaba has investments in numerous media and entertainment businesses, including stakes in Youku Tudou, Enlight Media, Huayi Brothers Media and Wasu Media.
A report in Variety mentions that the separately listed Alibaba Pictures Group confirmed that it is out to buy controlling stake of Yueke Software Engineering Ltd for $134 million. The firm provides ticketing services to 1,500 cinemas and software to other online ticketing platforms.