- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
Ajay Mittal takes charge as MIB secretary
MUMBAI: Ajay Mittal today assumed charge as secretary in the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB).
As reported earlier, Mittal’s appointment follows Sunil Arora’s superannuation on 30 April.
Prior to his appointment, Mittal was additional chief secretary, Government of Himachal Pradesh, Shimla.
He is an IAS officer from 1982 batch of Himachal Pradesh cadre. During a career span of more than 33 years, Mittal has served in various capacities in his cadre state of Himachal Pradesh.
Mittal served as additional chief secretary in various departments including information & public relations, finance, vigilance, coordination and public grievances to the Government of Himachal Pradesh, Shimla. He also chaired the Himachal Pradesh State Electricity Board.
Mittal is a law and economics graduate and has post-graduation in rural development. He is proficient in Hindi, English, Punjabi and Urdu.
As MIB secretary, Mittal’s main task will be to steer digital addressable system (DAS) Phase IV and the next phase of FM radio auctions besides speeding up the licence-granting process and making India a film, animation and teleport hub.