- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
Ajay Mittal takes charge as MIB secretary
MUMBAI: Ajay Mittal today assumed charge as secretary in the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB).
As reported earlier, Mittal’s appointment follows Sunil Arora’s superannuation on 30 April.
Prior to his appointment, Mittal was additional chief secretary, Government of Himachal Pradesh, Shimla.
He is an IAS officer from 1982 batch of Himachal Pradesh cadre. During a career span of more than 33 years, Mittal has served in various capacities in his cadre state of Himachal Pradesh.
Mittal served as additional chief secretary in various departments including information & public relations, finance, vigilance, coordination and public grievances to the Government of Himachal Pradesh, Shimla. He also chaired the Himachal Pradesh State Electricity Board.
Mittal is a law and economics graduate and has post-graduation in rural development. He is proficient in Hindi, English, Punjabi and Urdu.
As MIB secretary, Mittal’s main task will be to steer digital addressable system (DAS) Phase IV and the next phase of FM radio auctions besides speeding up the licence-granting process and making India a film, animation and teleport hub.