- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Ajay Mittal takes charge as MIB secretary
MUMBAI: Ajay Mittal today assumed charge as secretary in the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB).
As reported earlier, Mittal’s appointment follows Sunil Arora’s superannuation on 30 April.
Prior to his appointment, Mittal was additional chief secretary, Government of Himachal Pradesh, Shimla.
He is an IAS officer from 1982 batch of Himachal Pradesh cadre. During a career span of more than 33 years, Mittal has served in various capacities in his cadre state of Himachal Pradesh.
Mittal served as additional chief secretary in various departments including information & public relations, finance, vigilance, coordination and public grievances to the Government of Himachal Pradesh, Shimla. He also chaired the Himachal Pradesh State Electricity Board.
Mittal is a law and economics graduate and has post-graduation in rural development. He is proficient in Hindi, English, Punjabi and Urdu.
As MIB secretary, Mittal’s main task will be to steer digital addressable system (DAS) Phase IV and the next phase of FM radio auctions besides speeding up the licence-granting process and making India a film, animation and teleport hub.