- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
- Pakistani PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi seeks implementation of UNSC resolution on Kashmir
Airtel launches new broadband plans offering 100% more data
MUMBAI: Telecom operator Bharti Airtel has launched new home broadband plans that offer up to 100% more high speed data benefits for the same monthly rentals.
For instance, the Rs 899 plan in Delhi now offers 60GB high-speed data compared to 30 GB earlier, while the Rs 1099 plan will now offer 90GB high-speed data compared to 50GB earlier.
The Rs 1299 plan now offers 125GB compared to 75GB and the Rs 1499 plan offers 160GB compared to 100GB. Similar large increments in data benefits have been effected at every price point in every city with unlimited calling to any network available across all plans.
Existing customers will be upgraded to the new benefits automatically within the current bill cycle while new customers can choose from a host of plans.
In-home high-speed data consumption in India is increasing exponentially with customers looking to stream HD/4K content, download heavy file across a variety of connected devices like smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, internet TV solutions, security solutions, etc.
Fixed broadband (Wi-Fi) continues to be the preferred mode of high-speed data delivery given its consistent speeds and in the near future will also enable the IoT play for homes with connected appliances and much more.
To serve this growing demand and enable a seamless high-speed data experience in a multi-device environment, Airtel has built a future-ready network and introduced ‘V-Fiber’, which delivers consistently superfast broadband speeds of up to 100Mbps to homes. The ‘V-Fiber’ high-speed broadband experience is available to customers within the same plan rentals and requires only a quick modem switch.
Bharti Airtel (India) CEO, homes, Hemanth Kumar Guruswamy said, “Our new plans are aimed at putting India onto the digital superhighway and complement our superfast broadband offerings like ‘V-Fiber’. At Airtel, our mission is to enable a superior digital experience and offer great value to our customers. Our customers can now add to their online experience with exciting speeds backed by unmatched service reliability. We believe these new plans will also drive the adoption of high-speed broadband in the country.”