- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
AIR to broadcast special programs on Sardar Patel’s birth anniversary
MUMBAI: All India Radio (AIR) Delhi will broadcast special programs on the birth anniversary of Sardar Patel on 31 October.
Among the special programs will be the live commentary of ‘The Run for Unity’. It will be broadcast live on AIR’s Rajdhani channel and FM rainbow channel on 31 October from 7:40 am onwards from Rajpath, New Delhi where the run is being organised.
This broadcast would be available for relay by all multi-channel AIR stations on one of their channels, and all FM rainbow channels of AIR.
AIR Delhi will also broadcast a radio report at 8 pm on the various functions being organised in connection with the birth anniversary of Sardar Patel. It would be broadcast by all capital AIR stations, and all FM rainbow channels of AIR.
In addition the radio network will also broadcast the Sardar Patel Memorial Lecture 2015 delivered by the Union Minister of Finance, Corporate Affairs and Information & Broadcasting Arun Jaitley on 26 October.
The lecture is based on the subject ‘Is it possible to impose reasonable restrictions on freedom of speech & expression, given today’s media landscape?’
The recording of the lecture delivered by the Minister will be broadcast on 31 October at 9:30 pm on AIR’s national hook-up besides networks of AIR FM Rainbow and FM Gold channels.