- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
AIR News FB page touches 2 million likes
MUMBAI: All India Radio’s Facebook page, All India Radio News, has touched two million likes with followers giving a thumbs up to the way news is continuously presented.
The Facebook insight data shows that AIR’s News Service Division (NSD) is reaching almost 10 million people in terms of posts on an average per day. The entire growth of All India Radio News Facebook Page has been organic in nature.
AIR News Likes are mainly from India but a chunk of followers are also from countries like Nepal, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh, Malaysia, USA, UK and Singapore. Among the Indian cities, the fans include not just metro users but also people from Srinagar, Bhopal, Jaipur, Patna, Indore, Kanpur, Surat, Coimbatore and Dehradun.
The most number of likes the page received were for events like Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna and Mann Ki Baat.
With a following of 5,07,800 members on Twitter, AIR News is followed by officers, government organisations, media magnets, politicians and celebrities.