- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
AIR News FB page touches 2 million likes
MUMBAI: All India Radio’s Facebook page, All India Radio News, has touched two million likes with followers giving a thumbs up to the way news is continuously presented.
The Facebook insight data shows that AIR’s News Service Division (NSD) is reaching almost 10 million people in terms of posts on an average per day. The entire growth of All India Radio News Facebook Page has been organic in nature.
AIR News Likes are mainly from India but a chunk of followers are also from countries like Nepal, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh, Malaysia, USA, UK and Singapore. Among the Indian cities, the fans include not just metro users but also people from Srinagar, Bhopal, Jaipur, Patna, Indore, Kanpur, Surat, Coimbatore and Dehradun.
The most number of likes the page received were for events like Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna and Mann Ki Baat.
With a following of 5,07,800 members on Twitter, AIR News is followed by officers, government organisations, media magnets, politicians and celebrities.