- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
AIR News FB page touches 2 million likes
MUMBAI: All India Radio’s Facebook page, All India Radio News, has touched two million likes with followers giving a thumbs up to the way news is continuously presented.
The Facebook insight data shows that AIR’s News Service Division (NSD) is reaching almost 10 million people in terms of posts on an average per day. The entire growth of All India Radio News Facebook Page has been organic in nature.
AIR News Likes are mainly from India but a chunk of followers are also from countries like Nepal, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh, Malaysia, USA, UK and Singapore. Among the Indian cities, the fans include not just metro users but also people from Srinagar, Bhopal, Jaipur, Patna, Indore, Kanpur, Surat, Coimbatore and Dehradun.
The most number of likes the page received were for events like Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna and Mann Ki Baat.
With a following of 5,07,800 members on Twitter, AIR News is followed by officers, government organisations, media magnets, politicians and celebrities.