- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
AIB to produce news comedy series for Star India
MUMBAI: India’s premier comedy collective AIB is launching a brand new news comedy series called ‘On Air with AIB’ on Hotstar and Star India channels Star World and Star Plus in October.
The series will have 20 episodes, including 10 in English and 10 in Hindi. It will be released on Hotstar first, followed by weekend airing on Star World and Star Plus.
‘On Air with AIB’ will be a weekly series with English and Hindi episodes dropping simultaneously on Hotstar on Thursdays and on Star World and Star Plus on Sundays.
The series will cover themes of national and local interest, with a special focus on Andaman & Nicobar.
All four members of AIB synchronously commented, “We have no idea why anyone in their right minds would ask us to inflict our views on unsuspecting audiences. Also, we live in such a perfect country where everything is amazing and where the maddening, infuriating and often silly state of affairs is not a comedic goldmine, so why would you have us do news comedy? But we’re doing this because we want to see what it’s like to be on a show that requires us to put on pants.”
Star India CEO Uday Shankar said, “I am told that based on extensive, exhaustive research, AIB are considered mildly entertaining and we should give them a show on our network.”
Hotstar business head Ajit Mohan said, “We are sort of excited to bring AIB’s brand of mature humour to our platform. This may be the start of a new era of quality content in India, I am told. Janta hamein maaf karein.”