- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Aditya Swamy quits Flipkart to join Google
MUMBAI: Flipkart’s senior marketing director Aditya Swamy has quit the company. He will be joining Google in March.
Joining Flipkart in 2016, Swamy headed the e-commerce major’s content marketing and digital media.
Earlier, he worked at Viacom 18 as EVP and business head of MTV India and Pepsi MTV Indies. He joined MTV Networks India in 2009 and was with the company for over nine years.
He was responsible for growing the MTV footprint across TV, web, mobile and the live space.
Swamy was also credited for launching MTV India’s sibling Pepsi MTV Indies, an indie music channel co-branded with Pepsico. In September 2016, Viacom18 replaced Pepsi MTV Indies with its Hindi music channel MTV Beats and the content of MTV Indies is now available on digital platform.
Prior to MTV, Swamy worked as the marketing manager for Coca-Cola India and was involved in building brand partnerships with sport and entertainment.