- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
ABP Live saw more than 13 mn unique visitors on 11 March result day
MUMBAI: ABP News Network’s website and app ABP Live registered more than 13 million unique visitors and 1.6 billion hits on 11 March, the day of the state assembly election results.
ABPLive.in and the ABP Live app leveraged Akamai Technologies’ content delivery network (CDN) services for its coverage of the election results declared on 11 March.
The 1.6 billion hits across ABP Live’s digital properties are three times more than the 450 million hits that Akamai helped manage for a constitutional body in May 2014 during the general election results.
“March 11th represented the views of 160 million voters and Indian news sites had to be prepared for high traffic volumes. ABP Live partnered Akamai and delivered over 1.6 billion hits across its digital properties. We, at Akamai Technologies, are very pleased to have provided ABP Live the solutions they needed to cater to their viewers,” said Akamai Technologies regional VP, media business, APJ Sidharth Pisharoti.
All along 11 March, Akamai served 225 TB of data for ABP Live’s digital properties. ABP Live’s users were able to instantaneously access coverage across mobile and desktop devices from any location and on any network through a combination of Akamai’s Dynamic Site Delivery and Adaptive Media Delivery. The day-long coverage was also secured using Akamai’s Web Application Firewall (WAF) and Site Shield, ensuring users had an uninterrupted and secure viewing experience.
ABP News Network, head of digital, L Ramakrishnan said, “Consumption of content on different devices and platforms is on the rise. By partnering Akamai, ABP live delivered seamless real-time coverage and in-depth analyses of election results from five states to audiences across platforms, accounting for over 1.6 billion hits. ABP Live properties are present in six languages catering to diverse audiences across India and abroad.”