- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
7 Turner channels to launch on Singapore’s SingTel mio TV
MUMBAI: Singapore’s SingTel mio TV and Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific Inc have announced a carriage deal for seven Turner channels to be made available on the pay TV service platform starting today.
The Turner channels that will be available on the SingTel mio TV platform include news brand CNN International and companion network HLN, kids brand bouquet Cartoon Network and Boomerang, special-interest entertainment channels truTV and Turner Classic Movies and newly-launched Korean entertainment channel Oh!K.
Turner International Asia Pacific president Ricky Ow said, “With this new partnership with SingTel, our portfolio of leading TV brands is now available in all Singapore pay TV households. Singaporeans have enjoyed our brands and content for years, so we are excited to offer our channels to an even bigger audience.”
The network will also launch its kids animation channel Toonami from the end of January and Singapore’s general entertainment channel WarnerTV that will launch on the platform at a later date.
SingTel TV will be offering a free preview of all the new channels to its customers till 5 March. The free preview will be made available to all mio TV customers. Subscription information will be available at a later date.
SingTel TV MD Goh Seow Eng said, “These channels are a much anticipated addition to mio TV’s news, kids and entertainment categories. Our customers will undoubtedly enjoy the wider selection of programmes. To offer our customers a glimpse of the new programming, we are pleased to offer a free preview of all the new channels from today until 5 March.”