- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
40% of Amazon Prime Video’s active customers have watched ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’
MUMBAI: The most-watched Bollywood title on Amazon Prime Video is Alankrita Shrivastava’s ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’.
The film, which released on Amazon’s streaming service on 15 August, has attracted audiences. Around 40% of Amazon Prime Video’s active customers have already watched the movie in the three weeks since its launch on the platform.
‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’, a film that explores female sexuality, has an urban appeal. The movie’s streaming success goes to prove that Amazon Prime Video has a presence in the urban areas.
Amazon Prime Video also had a launch date which was less than a month of Lipstick Under My Burkha’s theatrical release.