- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Vikram Sakhuja to join Madison Media as group CEO & equity partner
MUMBAI: Vikram Sakhuja will join the Madison Media Group as equity partner and Group CEO. He will replace current group CEO Gautam Kiyawat, who has for personal reasons decided to relocate to Singapore.
In his new role, Sakhuja will be responsible for the media and OOH business of Madison World and will work closely with Sam Balsara. He will hold a small equity in the company.
Prior to this role, Sakhuja was the group strategy officer of GroupM Worldwide.
Madison World chairman and MD Sam Balsara said, “I am delighted to have Vikram come on board and partner us in Madison. I know Vikram as a true blue professional, over the last 20 years, first as a client, then a media partner and finally as a formidable competitor. I am confident that he will be able to contribute significantly to our clients’ business growth and success, by providing the right strategic direction, given his vast and rich experience.”
Balsara added, “I would like to place on record Gautam’s substantial contribution to Madison Media in the three years that he has been with us, especially in the area of growing our people and working as a team. I thank Gautam for his contribution and wish him all the best in his future endeavours.”
On his new role, Sakhuja said, “I am truly excited at the prospect of returning home to India and in an entrepreneurial capacity. It is also a privilege to now partner a person who initiated me into media in my client days. Media has never been more exciting, and I look forward to further strengthening an already iconic agency brand.”
Sakhuja has over 28 years of experience with advertisers like P&G, Coca-Cola, broadcaster Star TV and media agency GroupM. During his career, he has worked in various roles at GroupM as the global strategic development officer, global CEO of Maxus, CEO of GroupM South Asia and Mindshare South Asia.