- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Varun Channa is Mindshare Malaysia MD
MUMBAI: Mindshare Asia Pacific has appointed Varun Channa to the role of Mindshare Malaysia MD. He takes over the role from Gerald Wittenberger, who returned to Europe at the end of 2014.
Channa joins Mindshare after six years with Danone Indonesia, where he helped to turn around their Fresh Dairy business and developed the roadmap for their Isotonics. Prior to that, he was marketing head and part of the start-up team for Danone India. He also spent nearly 15 years with JWT India at their flagship Mumbai office, working with Unilever and other key clients.
Mindshare Asia Pacific COO Gowthaman Ragothaman said, “We are totally delighted to welcome Varun on board, who brings a wealth of experience across industries and markets. This is the beginning of a new chapter in the whole new world of connected media, where content, creativity and consumer data in the Malaysian market is at the centre of all activities and importance.”
GroupM Malaysia CEO Girish Menon said, “With Varun, we have hit upon a fantastic combination – with JWT, he honed his skills in developing communications solutions for some iconic global brands and then as a tech-savvy marketer with Danone in three different fast-growing, competitive markets, he got his hands dirty developing marketing solutions to deliver strong business results. I believe these are the combination of skills and experiences that our clients increasingly expect from the head of their agency, so I am confident that Varun will lead Mindshare to even greater success.”
Channa said, “It’s a pleasure to be part of Mindshare Malaysia in these exciting times, when media is playing an even greater role in growing our clients’ business. Seeing the pipeline of innovative digital solutions we have, I look forward to us adding greater value to our clients’ business.”