- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Twitter India appoints Taranjeet Singh as head of sales
MUMBAI: Social networking site Twitter has announced the appointment of Taranjeet Singh as head of sales for its Indian operations.
In his new role, Singh will be based in Twitter’s Gurgaon office and his main responsibilities will be to increase the commercial opportunities for Twitter in India and to work closely with brands and agencies, to maximise the value of real-time marketing on the world’s largest platform for live, public conversations, states Twitter.
Twitter MD Southeast Asia, India and Middle East and North Africa Parminder Singh said, “We’ve seen growing momentum from brands and agencies to use Twitter to connect with their audiences in real-time for major events as well as everyday moments in India. Taranjeet will lead our partnership with brands for maximising their creativity and deepening their customer engagement on our platform to take our sales business to the next level in India.”
Singh added, “I’m excited to be part of the Twitter team in one of the world’s fastest-growing mobile and social media markets. We have an amazing opportunity to help the best brands and agencies in India to understand the benefits of real-time marketing on the Twitter platform and make social media an integral element of every brand advertising campaign.”
Singh joins Twitter with over 19 years of experience in sales and business development.
Prior to this role, he served as BBC Advertising’s sales director for South Asia. He also held various positions at Outlook Publishing.