- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Srinivasan Swamy conferred AAAI Lifetime Achievement Award 2016
MUMBAI: The Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI) Lifetime Achievement Award will be presented to Srinivasan K Swamy on 29 July in Mumbai.
Instituted in 1988 by AAAI, 23 people have so far been bestowed with this award.
Swamy is the chairman of R K Swamy Hansa, a prominent and well diversified marketing communications group. He has been active in various industry bodies working for the growth and development of the advertising industry.
He was AAAI president for three consecutive terms (2004 – 2007) and continues to take an active interest in its activities. He is the vice chairman of Advertising Standards Council of India (Asci), and a board member of the Audit Bureau of Circulation (ABC).
He is serving his fourth term as the president of the India Chapter of International Advertising Association (IAA). He was recently elected as senior vice president of International Advertising Association, the global body.
Swamy is vice chairman of the Asian Federation of Advertising Associations.
Making the announcement, AAAI president M G Parameswaran said, “If there is one person who has tirelessly worked for the advertising industry, for over two decades, in various industry bodies, it is Swamy. So in a sense it was an easy choice this year. We are hopeful that AAAI and its member agencies will have his continued involvement and inputs as we navigate the ever changing terrain of advertising business.”
The AAAI Lifetime Achievement Award is presented annually to an individual who has been a practitioner of advertising for 25 years and had been in the top management position.