- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Sony India appoints Initiative Media as media agency for 2 years
MUMBAI: Consumer electronics major Sony India has appointed Initiative Media, part of IPG Mediabrands network, as its new media agency for India market following a comprehensive pitch process.
The contract will officially kick-start from 1 June for a period of two years and will involve the agency to serve the gamut of product categories. These include BRAVIA, Xperia, Audio, Digital Imaging and Professional Solutions.
Initiative Media will be responsible for managing the media planning for the brand going forward. The scope of services will also include providing media planning and buying across platforms.
“Our decision to appoint Initiative Media is reflective of the agency’s capability of understanding brand Sony and providing a strategic approach to widen audience and strengthening the market position of our brand portfolio. We look forward to working with Initiative Media and have a strong belief that together we can create success and drive our premium brand story forward,” said Sony India head of marketing communication & retail Yuichi Hasegawa.
IPG Mediabrands India CEO Shashi Sinha said, “We are delighted that Sony, an extremely prestigious marketer and brand is back with Initiative. We would like to thank Sony India for reposing their faith in us. Initiative stands committed to delivering the very best for Sony’s success.”
The appointment of Initiative Media is the result of a competitive and stringent selection process in alignment with Sony India’s requirements. The exhaustive procedure witnessed the participation of some of the very best in the industry like Initiative, Mediacom and Carat, the incumbent agency.