- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Sony India appoints Initiative Media as media agency for 2 years
MUMBAI: Consumer electronics major Sony India has appointed Initiative Media, part of IPG Mediabrands network, as its new media agency for India market following a comprehensive pitch process.
The contract will officially kick-start from 1 June for a period of two years and will involve the agency to serve the gamut of product categories. These include BRAVIA, Xperia, Audio, Digital Imaging and Professional Solutions.
Initiative Media will be responsible for managing the media planning for the brand going forward. The scope of services will also include providing media planning and buying across platforms.
“Our decision to appoint Initiative Media is reflective of the agency’s capability of understanding brand Sony and providing a strategic approach to widen audience and strengthening the market position of our brand portfolio. We look forward to working with Initiative Media and have a strong belief that together we can create success and drive our premium brand story forward,” said Sony India head of marketing communication & retail Yuichi Hasegawa.
IPG Mediabrands India CEO Shashi Sinha said, “We are delighted that Sony, an extremely prestigious marketer and brand is back with Initiative. We would like to thank Sony India for reposing their faith in us. Initiative stands committed to delivering the very best for Sony’s success.”
The appointment of Initiative Media is the result of a competitive and stringent selection process in alignment with Sony India’s requirements. The exhaustive procedure witnessed the participation of some of the very best in the industry like Initiative, Mediacom and Carat, the incumbent agency.