- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Soho Square wins Piaggio’s creative mandate
MUMBAI: Soho Square has been handed the creative duties of Piaggio brands Aprilia and Vespa, after a hard-fought pitch involving multiple agencies over several rounds. This comes on the back of recently won Nicotex, Cipla’s smoking cessation gum brand.
Piaggio, though, isn’t entirely new to Soho Square. The agency had earlier relaunched Vespa in India. However, due to a global realignment, the account had to be moved. This time though, the Piaggio India team was specifically looking for a local agency with a deep understanding of Indian markets.
Although the pitch was only for the Aprilia account, the Piaggio management eventually decided to award the entire two-wheeler business, including Vespa, to Soho Square.
Piaggio Vehicles marketing head Ashish Yakhmi said, “After several meetings with multiple agencies, we realised that not only is Soho Square the best fit for our brands, but they also have the necessary skill-sets to achieve our strategic objectives in India.”
Soho Square is well-known in the auto segment, having launched Tata Motors’ new ‘Made Of Great’ philosophy with brand ambassador Lionel Messi. They also handled the launch of the Tiago earlier this year. The agency also handles brand duties for Yes Bank, Bisleri, Franklin Templeton, H&R Johnson and HRI’s Vasmol.