- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Soho Square wins Piaggio’s creative mandate
MUMBAI: Soho Square has been handed the creative duties of Piaggio brands Aprilia and Vespa, after a hard-fought pitch involving multiple agencies over several rounds. This comes on the back of recently won Nicotex, Cipla’s smoking cessation gum brand.
Piaggio, though, isn’t entirely new to Soho Square. The agency had earlier relaunched Vespa in India. However, due to a global realignment, the account had to be moved. This time though, the Piaggio India team was specifically looking for a local agency with a deep understanding of Indian markets.
Although the pitch was only for the Aprilia account, the Piaggio management eventually decided to award the entire two-wheeler business, including Vespa, to Soho Square.
Piaggio Vehicles marketing head Ashish Yakhmi said, “After several meetings with multiple agencies, we realised that not only is Soho Square the best fit for our brands, but they also have the necessary skill-sets to achieve our strategic objectives in India.”
Soho Square is well-known in the auto segment, having launched Tata Motors’ new ‘Made Of Great’ philosophy with brand ambassador Lionel Messi. They also handled the launch of the Tiago earlier this year. The agency also handles brand duties for Yes Bank, Bisleri, Franklin Templeton, H&R Johnson and HRI’s Vasmol.