- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Reliance Jio sponsors India’s Olympic contingent
MUMBAI: Reliance Jio, the digital services arm of Reliance Industries Limited, has won the rights to be the ‘Principal Partner’ of Indian Olympic Association, sponsoring the largest ever Indian Olympic contingent bound for Rio Olympic Games 2016.
Olympic Games is the single largest global sports event and Reliance Jio’s partnership with IOA is an expression of our nation’s unwavering faith for our sporting heroes, the company said.
Reliance Industries has a long cherished history of its association with sports in India, promoting and developing various disciplines over the last three decades. In the past seven years, the corporate and its joint venture partner IMG Worldwide have worked closely with the football and basketball federations in India.
In addition, the CSR arm of the company – Reliance Foundation, has been progressively running multi-year grassroots development programs in football and basketball under Reliance Foundation Young Champs and Reliance Foundation Junior NBA initiatives, introducing over half a million children to sports and providing enhanced training through robust scouting programs.
Commenting on the association, Reliance Jio spokesperson said, “Reliance Jio is honoured to be part of India’s largest ever contingent for the Olympic Games 2016. Our association with Indian Olympic contingent is a natural progression stemming from our corporate philosophy of unwavering faith and belief in today’s young generation, and empowering them through sports. Each one of these athletes qualified to represent India at Olympic Games, is our national hero. The Reliance family, on behalf of its 1.3 billion countrymen, wishes our athletes the very best.”