- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
- Pakistani PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi seeks implementation of UNSC resolution on Kashmir
Publicis Media creates next generation board to drive transformation
MUMBAI: Publicis Media has created a next generation board which will work with the company’s global executive group to address opportunities and drive transformation across the company.
Board members have the full support from local and global leadership, providing a real opportunity to influence the direction of all brands and practices within Publicis Media, challenge the status quo and implement global initiatives and projects
Launched across 15 markets – US, UK, Nordics, MENA, Singapore, DACH, Italy, India, Mexico, Australia, Poland, China, Russia, UK, Spain and France – the aim is to foster a spirit of collaboration across a group of high-performing individuals from around the world.
Each local board comprises 8 -15 employees identified as future leaders and representing diverse skillsets. They will work together to architect and activate medium to long-term deliverables that increase employee engagement and advance Publicis Media’s Trust, Talent and Transformation vision.
A survey by Delloitte of over 7,700 millennials (those born after 1982) across 29 countries who are in full-time employment, found that millennials believe businesses need to do more to bridge the gap between current leadership and the new generation of business leaders. This effort looks to deliver on this front while also more deeply harnessing this group’s perspective for agency and client benefit.
Steve King, CEO, Publicis Media, said, “Our next generation of leaders are the future of this company. It is vital that they play a significant role in creating Publicis Media’s future, from both a talent and client perspective. The launch of the next generation board is about challenging and disrupting how we currently do things, to the benefit of all stakeholders. We had our first global board meeting earlier this month, which ran in parallel with the global Publicis Media board, and we were incredibly impressed with the proposals that were presented, some of which we have already started to adopt. The energy and new perspectives that they bring are fundamental to our ongoing transformation and success.”
“The next generation board infuses fresh thinking into the organisation and brings forward proposals and opportunities that are truly creative, innovative, collaborative and path-breaking. The Publicis premise of ‘Power Of One.’ resonates through this landmark initiative which cuts through regions, markets and boundaries,” says Anupriya Acharya, CEO, Publicis Media India.
Representatives from each of the local boards will meet four times a year to work on delivering specific global initiatives. The first of these meetings took place earlier this month and the company is already acting on the proposal by next generation board to harmonise communication across all global talent through the use of innovative new mobile technologies.
Here’s what the Next Gen Board across the Asia Pacific thought:
- Tanushree Radhakrishnan, Managing Partner, Performics.Resultrix in India says, “It was an absolutely brilliant and enriching experience to collaborate with the sharpest minds from 15 countries and work on the organisational challenges. It was exciting that I could actually present my thoughts to the Global Executive Group and work towards bringing a real change at a local and global level. I am honoured to be a part of the very first Next Generation Board and I am really looking forward to the implementation of our proposal.”
- “I found the idea behind the Next Gen Board rather revolutionary. This is a cool initiative by the company in its thoughts and actions to want a bold, disruptive change transforming employee engagement. The experience of being in London working on everyday challenges our company was facing and presenting our honest feedback/solutions to the global leadership team who listened and stayed open was phenomenal,” said Joanne Fu, Media Manager, Starcom Singapore.
- “I think one of the best parts about the next generation board is the permission from the business to challenge the thinking, of not just our local executive group, but also the most senior leaders in our organisation. I get to work with the top talent across Publicis Media on a weekly basis to try and solve operational issues that are affecting the entire industry, that’s pretty unique. The hands-on experience and unprecedented access to senior leadership is something I am greatly looking forward to,” said Scott Ramsay Strategist Starcom Australia.
- “This initiative further strengthened my faith in Publicis Media. I would have never imagined a day where a younger generation staff gets to propose changes to the company where it’s being implemented,” said Olivia Zhang, Senior Strategist, Publicis Media China.