- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Omnicom Media is lead media agency for HJ Heinz
MUMBAI: Omnicom Group’s media services division Omnicom Media has been named lead media agency for HJ Heinz, winning media planning and buying for all international markets.
The assignment represents approximately 70 per cent of the estimated Heinz media spend. North American media planning and buying will be handled by Interpublic’s UM.
The win follows a six-month review aimed at consolidating Heinz media business, which had been shared by 20 agencies worldwide, to better leverage the brand’s media investment across its global markets. The new relationships will be effective from 1 July 2014.
The HJ Heinz Company, headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is the most global of all US-based food companies. Famous for its iconic brands on six continents, Heinz products are distributed in more than 200 countries around the world, holding the number one or number two market position in 50 countries. In addition to its flagship ketchup brand, it distributes sauces, soups, beans, pasta and infant foods (representing over one-third of Heinz’s total sales) under the Heinz umbrella as well as Ore-Ida potato products, Weight Watchers, Smart Ones, TGI Friday’s snacks, and Plasmon infant nutrition.
Omnicom Media Group chairman, CEO “Daryl Simm said, “No one understands the importance of delivering quality and consistency—every day, with every product, in every country, and in an increasingly challenging and competitive marketplace—better than a company that leads its category in more than 50 countries. Knowing we’ve met their standard is the ultimate affirmation of our work, our resources and our people.”