- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
NPCI awards its media mandate to Dentsu Media
MUMBAI: National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has appointed Dentsu Media, a full-service agency from the Dentsu Aegis Network, as their media agency.
Dentsu Media India CEO Divya Karani said, “We are very proud to be the media partner to National Payments Corporation of India’s RuPay card. This mandate is a great addition and testimony to our understanding and work with other marquee clients such as SEBI, AMFI and RBI in this sector.
“The RuPay card epitomises the ‘Make in India’ crusade. It will disrupt the category status quo, both in pricing and service, but most importantly it is a brave step towards financial inclusion for all. Our team is super excited to be a part of enabling this disruption”.
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) is an umbrella organisation for all retail payments system in India. It was set up with the guidance and support of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Indian Banks’ Association (IBA).
NPCI has ten promoter banks namely, State Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, Canara Bank, Bank of Baroda, Union Bank of India, Bank of India, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Citibank and HSBC.
The last five years has witnessed the organisation growing multi-fold, from daily 2 million transactions to 20 million transactions per day. From a single service of switching of inter-bank ATM transactions, the range of services has grown to Cheque Clearing, Immediate Payments Service (24x7x365), Automated Clearing House, Electronic Benefit Transfer and a domestic card payment network named RuPay, providing an alternative to international card schemes. As on end-October 2015, over 220 million Indians own RuPay cards.