- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Nickelodeon launches campaign to find kids to ‘Be the Boss’
MUMBAI: Nickelodeon has launched a nationwide campaign ‘Be the Boss’ to celebrate Children’s Day, providing kids an opportunity to run the channel.
Five kids across India will be the boss in the corporate office of Nickelodeon in Mumbai, giving orders to characters like Moto Patlu, Ninja Hatori, Pakdam Pakdai and the entire Nick Toon brigade.
Viacom18 Kids Cluster EVP and business head Nina Elavia Jaipuria said, “Nickelodeon has always believed in empowering kids while entertaining them. Taking this promise ahead, the channel that is of the kids and for the kids will now be run by the kids on Children’s Day. We are sure that children with their imaginative minds will add a whole new dimension of fun to Nickelodeon on this special day and I am more than happy to step aside and hand over the reins to the little bosses.”
Selected from the nationwide contest, the kids will be personally handed out their appointment letter by their favourite Nick toons. To run Nickelodeon on Children’s Day, the kids can tune in to the channel until 7 November, every Monday to Friday, from 6 to 7 pm and participate in the contest.
The participants can message the correct answer and can also log on to the official website to participate in the contest.
On Children’s Day (14 November), the newly appointed ‘bosses’ will decide what gets shown on the channel. Subsequently, they will also turn celebrities and be brought back as the face of the channel.