- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Network18 and Aquaguard unveil social campaign ‘Jal Daan’
MUMBAI: Highlighting the importance of water in the country, Network18 along with Aquaguard has launched a national awareness campaign – ‘Jal Daan’.
The campaign is envisioned to sensitize viewers towards the importance of clean drinking water and the challenges the nation is facing on account of its scarcity.
The first episode of the Jal Daan campaign will be telecast on CNN-New18 on 24 September at 7:30 pm and repeat telecast on 25 September at 4.30 pm.
The episode will introduce the viewers to the idea behind the campaign and reveal how every Indian can be a part of it.
The initiative calls out to the entire nation to join the Jal Daan movement, by taking the pledge to donate five litres of healthy drinking water every day to those who have limited or no access to it. For every pledge, Rs 10 will be contributed towards building a corpus for the installation of 100 community water purification plants in urban and rural slums. The campaign intends to eradicate the nation-wide problem by making clean drinking water accessible to all.