- China Says Area Where Road Being Built Does Not Belong To Bhutan, India
- TMC not to attend GST roll-out programme: Mamata
- Byculla jail inmate death: Court permits Indrani Mukerjea to lodge complaint as she alleges sexual assault threat
- Mob thrashes man, suspected of slaughtering cow
- 62 per cent votes cast in second phase of local polls in Nepal
- RIL refinances $2.3 billion loans to cut interest cost
- Mallya paves way for F1 team to be a force without India
- 7th Pay Commission: Modi Cabinet approves revision in HRA rates, other allowances
Neeraj Roy elected IAA India president
MUMBAI: The India chapter of International Advertising Association (IAA) has elected Hungama Digital Media MD, CEO Neeraj Roy as its president.
BTVi COO Monica Tata has been elected VP, Dainik Bhaskar Group former CMO Pradeep Dwivedi has been elected secretary, and Jaya Advertising chairman Jaideep Gandhi is the treasurer.
Additionally, MCCS India (ABP News) CEO Ashok Venkatramani, Daily Deshdoot director Janak Sarda, Indian National Press (BOM) director Abhishek Karnani, Mathrubhumi PTG & PBG director Shreyams Kumar, and VRL Media managing director Anand Sankeshwar have been elected members of the IAA managing committee.
Roy said, “International Advertising Association in India over the past few years has played a key role in bringing the media, marketing and advertising community together and I am delighted to have been given the opportunity to serve as president. On behalf of our new team and management committee, we would like to thank Srinivasan K Swamy for his stellar leadership over the past few years and we look forward to serving the ever changing needs of the marketing and advertising fraternity as India is at the cusp of a digital transformation that will impact all aspects of life.”
The first managing committee meeting co-opted additional members as per IAA constitution. They were Eenadu CEO I Venkat and Aegis Media Group India chairman & CEO, director Posterscope South East Asia Ashish Bhasin.
The following senior professionals were invited to be part of the committee: IAA immediate past president and RK Swamy BBDO chairman Srinivasan K Swamy; Reliance Industries president for brand strategy and marketing communication Kaushik Roy; 9XMedia MD Pradeep Guha; Madison Communications CMD Sam Balsara; Canco Advertising founder Ramesh Narayan; and Viacom18 Media CEO Raj Nayak. More members are likely to be inducted in a few weeks.
With 2016–17 marking the 27th year of IAA India, the year is filled with impactful initiatives from IAA India.