- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
NBCUniversal names Anand Kini as CFO
MUMBAI: NBCUniversal has appointed Anand Kini as chief financial officer. Most recently, Kini served as executive vice president, strategy and business insights and since February 2015 as interim CFO.
Kini helped shape NBCUniversal’s long term strategic direction, led the data-driven consumer and business insights division and the information technology group.
In addition to his role as CFO, he will maintain responsibility for these other areas. He remains a member of the Executive Committee and reports to NBCUniversal CEO Steve Burke.
“Anand is a very important member of our executive team and his contributions have played a key role in our success,” said Burke. “His business sense and his strategic vision have been invaluable. I know that he will bring that same focus and commitment to this new position.”
Prior to joining NBCUniversal in July 2011, Kini was senior vice president, financial planning and analysis for Comcast Cable Communications. In that role he managed Comcast Cable’s forecasting, annual budget, and three-year planning process, and served as a key analytical resource to help the cable businesses identify emerging market trends, evaluate competitive positioning and determine attractive growth strategies to drive strong financial returns.
He joined Comcast in 2007 from Activision Blizzard, a video game publisher in Southern Calif., where he was VP of Financial Planning. Prior to that, he was director of Financial Planning for Disney’s Parks and Resorts division, where he split his time between California and Florida.
Kini is a graduate of Wesleyan University in Connecticut with a bachelor of arts in Economics, and received his MBA from Harvard Business School.