- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
NBCUniversal names Anand Kini as CFO
MUMBAI: NBCUniversal has appointed Anand Kini as chief financial officer. Most recently, Kini served as executive vice president, strategy and business insights and since February 2015 as interim CFO.
Kini helped shape NBCUniversal’s long term strategic direction, led the data-driven consumer and business insights division and the information technology group.
In addition to his role as CFO, he will maintain responsibility for these other areas. He remains a member of the Executive Committee and reports to NBCUniversal CEO Steve Burke.
“Anand is a very important member of our executive team and his contributions have played a key role in our success,” said Burke. “His business sense and his strategic vision have been invaluable. I know that he will bring that same focus and commitment to this new position.”
Prior to joining NBCUniversal in July 2011, Kini was senior vice president, financial planning and analysis for Comcast Cable Communications. In that role he managed Comcast Cable’s forecasting, annual budget, and three-year planning process, and served as a key analytical resource to help the cable businesses identify emerging market trends, evaluate competitive positioning and determine attractive growth strategies to drive strong financial returns.
He joined Comcast in 2007 from Activision Blizzard, a video game publisher in Southern Calif., where he was VP of Financial Planning. Prior to that, he was director of Financial Planning for Disney’s Parks and Resorts division, where he split his time between California and Florida.
Kini is a graduate of Wesleyan University in Connecticut with a bachelor of arts in Economics, and received his MBA from Harvard Business School.