- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Navonil Chatterjee is Rediffusion Y&R chief strategy officer
MUMBAI: Navonil Chatterjee has joined Rediffusion Y&R as chief strategy officer.
Chatterjee joins the group from JWT, where he worked for 15 years. He will be reporting to Rediffusion Y&R president Dhunji S Wadia.
With over 17 years of experience in advertising, Chatterjee has headed clients like Hindustan Unilever, Levi’s, Pepsi, Godrej, Madura Garments, ITC, United Spirits, United Breweries, ING Bank and Landmark Group, to name a few. He has also played a key role for brand Nike ever since he pitched for it successfully at the Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore in 2005.
Wadia said, “Our No. 1 priority is to focus on strategic thinking that will help us create breakthrough work. And I can confidently say that in Navonil, we have the best in the industry to lead our Strategic Planning. I have known and worked with him before. He has a real respect for good ideas, great work and results. He is a bit of an ‘Un-Planner’ since he is extremely cynical about conventional research and over-intellectualisation, and prefers simplicity above all else. We have now strengthened the core team at Rediffusion Y&R with Rahul, JD and Navonil.”
Chatterjee said, “There seems to be a renewed vigour and buzz around the place with the new leadership team coming on board and new hirings. From the outside I have always perceived Rediffusion as this spunky kind of place, which delivers good creative work. Also, I have worked very successfully with Dhunji in the past, so looking forward to forming a great partnership with him and Rahul (CCO). And as far as I am concerned, I strongly believe that passion makes the world go round, and that’s what I intend to bring to the table. The rest should follow.”