- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Mindshare MENA appoints Ravi Rao as chief client officer
MUMBAI: GroupM’s media agency Mindshare has announced the new role of Ravi Rao, leader of Mindshare, South Asia. He will take over as chief client officer for Mindshare MENA with effect from 1 May and will be based at the agency’s Dubai office.
GroupM South Asia CEO CVL Srinivas said, “Ravi helped consolidate Mindshare’s position in the market over the past few years. He has led the transformation efforts of the agency in the recent past. This has helped Mindshare create cutting edge products for its clients, grow its digital business and retain its leadership position. He has made a significant contribution to our network and the industry at large. We are confident that Ravi will continue to play a stellar role in building the Mindshare network and we wish him well in his new role.”
Rao is the chairman of the Media Research Users Council (MRUC) and has represented Mindshare and GroupM on several industry platforms.
Rao said, “I am excited to take this new role within the Mindshare family. The market has exhibited good growth over the past few years and I look forward to strengthening our position in the MENA region.”
Mindshare MENA CEO Samir Ayoub added, “We are thrilled to welcome Ravi back to the MENA purple family. Ravi is well respected with a good reputation in our region. With his vast experience, we are confident that Ravi will play a vital role to have more successful stories for Mindshare MENA.”
Having a vast experience in the media industry, Rao joined Mindshare, South Asia in 2008 and took over as leader for the market in 2012. Asserting his familiarity with the MENA market, Rao was earlier a part of JWT Dubai and the Mindshare MENA team during its inception in 1999. He also worked with OMD in the course of his time in Dubai.