- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Micromax is the title sponsor of T20 Asia Cup 2016
MUMBAI: Mobile handset manufacturer Micromax has bagged the title sponsorship rights to the T20 Asia Cup 2016, which will be held in Bangladesh from 24 February to 6 March 2016.
The company has entered into an agreement with Twenty First Century Media and the event will be now called Micromax T20 Asia Cup 2016.
The television coverage of the event is being produced and aired by Star Sports.
The Asia Cup will feature the top four cricket teams of the continent (India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh) battling to secure the title of Champions of Asia.
The tournament will be a fitting precursor to the ICC World Twenty20, which will be held in March, in India.
Micromax CMO Shubhajit Sen said, “Sport has always been one of the key pillars for the brand Micromax and the fact that cricket is a culture that connects youth beyond boundaries makes it even special. Cricket is a sport that unites millions of people across the world and truly represents the passion of today’s youth. This is the first time that the Asia Cup will be played in a T20 format, and we are sure that the upcoming Asia Cup series will bring more edge-of-the-seat entertainment to the cricket fanatics from across the globe.”
Twenty First Century Media MD Lokesh Sharma said, “Micromax is a vibrant brand, close to the heart of youth, one which is a good match to the dynamic and vibrant nature of this event. As we come together to present an action-packed cricket series of the year, we expect this event to be bigger and grander than ever.”
Asian Cricket Council (ACC) president Thilanga Sumathipala said, “ACC is delighted to have Micromax as the title sponsor of the event and we look forward to working together to deliver a successful event.”