- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Manyavar appoints cricketer Virat Kohli as its official brand ambassador
MUMBAI: Manyavar, a brand in men’s ethnic wear, has roped in cricketer Virat Kohli as its official ambassador. Kohli will now feature in all the print and electronic media campaigns of the company for the next two years.
The company said that Kohli is one of the biggest names in Indian sports. He is a hero on and off the field who connects with Indian youth and has earned accolades and respect through his hard work and brilliant performance – a philosophy which the brand Manyavar stands for.
Manyavar director Ajay Modi said, “We are delighted to have Virat as the ambassador for our brand Manyavar. He is a role model for the youth and the perfect fit for what the brand is trying to convey. Also, Virat has strong national appeal and he is the most relatable figure for the audience that Manyavar is targeting. We look forward to the partnership and are confident that this will be a mutually rewarding association.”
Kohli will be seen in the new ad campaign ‘Aadha-Aadha’ which highlights that the essence of marriage is all about sharing, and this should start right from the expense of the wedding function. The commercial features Virat as a groom talking about how wedding is an expensive affair and everything needs to be done in style; the expense will, however, be shared between the bride’s and the groom’s sides. The ad questions the age-old concept that wedding functions should be organised and financed by the bride’s family only. When two young people have decided to share their lives, the expenses of the ceremony should also be shared.
The campaign will run till the first week of December 2016.