- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
MakeMyTrip’s new brand ambassadors are Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt
MUMBAI: MakeMyTrip, India’s leading online travel company, today announced that it has signed up with leading Bollywood superstars Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt to be the company’s new brand ambassadors.
With its target audience getting younger, the company has signed up the duo with the aim to strengthen the brand’s appeal, stature and recall amongst its audience in tier 1 towns and cities across the country, especially the youth. The move is in line with the company’s business strategy focusing on hyper aggressive growth and new user acquisition, thus driving growth for the travel industry at large.
Speaking on the signing, MakeMyTrip chief marketing officer Saujanya Shrivastava said, “Makemytrip aims to inspire and enable the restless wanderlust in every person’s heart. And as the brand injects new energy into its ambitions, there is a raring-to-go spirit that it has started to spread. On that journey, taking on two key protagonists to represent this spirit of wanderlust is a key step.
Like the brand, both Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt represent the new age of Indians – confident, bold, and unafraid to try new things. In their cinematic journey too they are experimentative, have fun in whatever they do and give everything its maximum due. Like true travelers who push forth on their travel ambitions, their persona is incredibly aspirational. It’s a great fit with the brand, which we hope can inspire more of India to travel.”
Ranveer is a huge youth icon. With his last film he has become the youngest actor of this generation to clock the highest numbers at the box office and also received immense critical acclaim. He has swept all the awards and accolades this year. His growing popularity and stardom has made him an apt choice for a popular brand like MMT.
Equally, Alia’s bubbly and effervescent personality makes her stand out amongst young India and a true icon of style and panache.
Their appeal, stature and mass connect would be able to mirror Make My Trip that will help build each other’s imagery to the next level.
The duo will be engaged in soon to be launched high-decibel campaign that will have high visibility and impactful presence across mediums and will be supported by digital and on-ground marketing activations.