- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Lowe Lintas Mumbai ranks first in APAC: 2014 Effie Index
MUMBAI: Advertising agency Lowe Lintas Mumbai has been ranked second across the world and is the number one agency in Asia Pacific for 2014, as per the 2014 Effie Effectiveness Index.
In its fourth year, the Effie rankings declared Sancho BBDO from Bogota, Colombia as the top agency across the world.
According to the Effie Index tally, Lowe Lintas Mumbai received a total of 154 points vis-à-vis Sancho BBDO of Colombia that scored 252 points.
Lowe Lintas + Partners CEO Joseph George said, “We have had a great run on Effectiveness awards the past one year. And each of these awards serves as a gratification on the type of work our clients and we believe in.”
Another agency from Mumbai, Ogilvy & Mather Pvt Ltd came in third with 118 points, followed by FP7/DXB from Dubai with 105 points.
Other agencies in the top 10 list of agencies in the world included Starcom Mediavest Group from Chicago, Lowe-SSP3 from Colombia, Colenso BBDO/Proximity New Zealand, Whybin\TBWA from Australia, OMD from Colombia and TBWA\Istanbul.
The 2014 Effie Effectiveness Index is derived from almost 3,000 finalists and winning entries to Effie Award competitions worldwide between 14 June 2013 and 13 June 2014. The Index is constructed by converting every Effie award and finalist into points, 12 for a Grand Effie, eight for Gold, six for Silver, four for Bronze and two for a finalist.
Introduced in 2011, the Effie Effectiveness Index recognises the importance of marketing effectiveness by revealing which companies were the most successful at creating ideas that delivered results. The Index features the most effective marketers, brands, agency holding groups, agency networks, agency offices and independent agencies.