- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
ISL ropes in Muthoot Group as a sponsor
Mumbai: With the Hero Indian Super League (ISL) kicking off on 12 October, joint venture partners IMG Reliance and Star India are busy closing sponsorship and partnership deals.
Muthoot Group is the latest to have inked a three-year deal with the ISL to be the Referee Sponsor, a source said.
The company in the past was a sponsor of the Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise Delhi Daredevils.
Meanwhile, automobile major Maruti has come on-board as the ISL’s vehicle partner.
As had been reported earlier by TelevisionPost.com, telecom service provider Aircel has become the principal sponsor of the Sourav Ganguly-co-owned ISL team Atletico de Kolkata. The Aircel logo will be used on the front of team jersey and training kits of the football club.
In an interaction with TelevisionPost.com, Star India president of sports Nitin Kukreja had said that the broadcaster is looking for six to eight sponsors. However, Star is not willing to compromise on the value of the deal.