- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Indigo Consulting hires Sumitra Sarkar as VP – client services, strategy
MUMBAI: The Leo Group’s specialised digital agency, Indigo Consulting, has announced the appointment of Sumitra Sarkar as VP – client services, strategy. She will be based in Mumbai and will report to Indigo Consulting CEO Rajesh Ghatge.
Sumitra brings with her nearly 13 years of experience in advertising and brand communication strategy.
Ghatge said, “There is some tremendous momentum that we have gathered over the past few months on the back of some large client wins. We invest significantly in our client relationships and it starts with our business leaders who have the experience, skill and temperament to manage and grow these relationships. The business leaders become partners to our clients getting completely immersed in their businesses. Sumitra has an impressive track record, and we are thrilled to have her in our team. The brief to her is to ‘make a difference’.”
Sumitra has joined Indigo Consulting after her last stint at iContract, where she was the associate VP. Over the course of her career, she has handled brands such as Amazon, Jet Airways, Panasonic, ICICI, Appy Fizz, Thomas Cook, iPill, and several brands under the Unilever, Reckitt Benckiser and Aditya Birla Group’s respective umbrellas.
Sarkar said, “I’m excited to be part of Indigo Consulting. Their data and brand-led approach to digital communication is very differentiated from what I have seen in other agencies. They have been producing some awesome work on the back of this approach. Having had significant exposure in both mainline and digital, Indigo Consulting seems the place for me to leverage this integrated experience. I am looking forward to leading some very large brands like Google, Danone and Bharti AXA, and to drive their growth on digital.”
Apart from iContract, Sumitra has previously worked with agencies such as Dentsu Communications, Grey Worldwide, Publicis Capital (now merged into Publicis India) and Network Advertising.