- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
GroupM launches [m]Platform for integrated data analysis
MUMBAI: GroupM, the media investment management group of WPP, has announced the global launch of [m]Platform, an advanced technology suite of flexible media planning applications, data analytics and digital services.
The platform will aim to improve advertisers’ ability to use audience-defining insights from hundreds of data sources to find and communicate with their consumers across all media.
[m]Platform makes it possible for media planners at GroupM agencies to use the most detailed consumer data to achieve results for their clients. It is supported by a team of data scientists, technologists and digital practitioners from across GroupM specialist companies and Xaxis.
[m]Platform unifies data analytics and digital services including search, social, mobile, digital ad operations and programmatic into one team delivering a completely open and fully transparent data and technology architecture.
Brian Gleason, most recently Xaxis global CEO, is named [m]Platform CEO, a products and service organisation within GroupM. He will lead the continuous development of market-leading technology to ingest any data important to identifying a client’s audiences and applications that efficiently engage them on any platform.
For clients, [m]Platform delivers objective insights and the power of choice across data, technologies and key performance indicators in their GroupM agency’s scope of work.
“Marketers are under tremendous pressure to deliver results from media investments. This flexible platform approach enables us to focus $7 billion worth of investments we’ve made in data and technology over 10 years to help them realize a marketplace advantage. Our agencies will now have deeper consumer insights and the most robust technology in the market,” said GroupM Global CEO Kelly Clark
[m]Platform connects wide-ranging WPP data sources across Kantar and Wunderman; third-party data providers; GroupM’s data from agreements with global media partners; and clients’ own data when they choose. This allows the creation of the most complete consumer profiles within a brand’s target audience, including rich demographics, technology usage, behavioral insights, purchase history, location data and more (varies by region according to local regulations).
The connected platform ensures insights carry through the whole communications process:
- [m]Core is the first full-stack audience intelligence platform combining cross-platform data (display, mobile, video, offline CRM, apps, etc.) for a singular consumer identifier, [m]ID.
- [m]Insights is the largest audience-centric media planning tool with cross-channel planning, creative workflow management, unified audience frequency capping and location-based and in-demo reach management.
- [m]Analytics marries online and offline campaign-level data to [m]ID to enable analytics, attribution and optimisation
- [m]Report merges data into a single, intuitive visualisation dashboard with actionable intelligence.
GroupM is building a global organisation to support [m]Platform. Four regional presidents will report to Gleason. Recently named president of Platform Services in North America, Phil Cowdell is now [m]Platform, NA president.
Lucas Mentasti is named [m]Platform, LATAM president. Presidents in EMEA and APAC will be named shortly. Also on the [m]Platform global leadership team is COO Nicolle Pangis, chief strategy officer Jack Smith and CTO Bob Hammond. Pan-regional collaboration will ensure consistent information and experience to global clients, but with the bespoke strategic point of view of their selected GroupM agency.
“The rise of digital and mobile technologies, media fragmentation and expanding ecommerce create a pivot point in marketing where the scientific application of data to media strategies is essential. Today, marketers have to know their customers in richer detail than ever before, or else they won’t reach them. [m]PLATFORM is an audience-centric approach enabling our agencies with individualized consumer insights and technologies to reach audiences without boundaries,” said Gleason.
“The technology development teams reporting to Brian demonstrate his ability to continuously innovate winning solutions for clients. Now, the best of our technologies, whether built, acquired or partnered are consolidated under his remit to enable our agencies with an unparalleled ability to reach audiences and deliver outcomes for their clients,” said Clark.