- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
GroupM bags 9 Asian market media accounts of Mercedes maker Daimler AG
MUMBAI: Automobile major Daimler AG, which operates the Mercedes-Benz brand, has awarded nine of its media accounts in the Asian markets to GroupM.
As the result of a pitch between international media agencies, Daimler AG decided to collaborate with GroupM on nine Asian markets. The aim pursued by bundling the media activities in the region is to further secure and extend the status of the corporate advertiser ‘best know-how’, ‘best support’, ‘best consulting’ and ‘best terms’.
Mercedes-Benz Cars head of marketing and communications Dr Jens Thiemer said, “With the current growth strategy ‘Mercedes-Benz 2020’ in mind we are further pursuing regional optimisation and consolidation in the area of media activities. Our concern is for consistent, innovative marketing communications that lead in quality, for still greater efficiency in media planning, and above all an answer to the global challenges presented by digital media.”
The pitch between three agency groups began in May 2014, and nine Asian Daimler markets were actively involved. The selection of the new agency partner was based on a transparent process which ensured that both central and market-specific aspects could be taken into account in the decision.
“We are convinced that GroupM has delivered the most efficient solution for overall economic success. We very much look forward to the joint work with GroupM in Asia, and are sure that together we will successfully meet the challenges which the coming years hold for us,” Thiemer added.