- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Gionee India ropes in Prabhas as brand ambassador
MUMBAI: Bullish on strengthening its customer base in India, Gionee has roped in Prabhas as its brand ambassador.
Prabhas, the company said, has earned nationwide recognition and popularity post the release of the blockbuster ‘Bahubali: The Conclusion’.
Gionee’s new campaign #Selfiestan introduces to the world a new generation of Hindustanis, who love to capture every expression and emotion of their life, completely changing the mindset and scenario of traditional forms of imaging in India.
Gionee’s current associations include the charismatic Indian skipper Virat Kohli, reigning queen of Hindi films Alia Bhatt, dynamic and bold Dulquer Salmaan, versatile Diljit Dosanjh and the loved actress Shruti Hasan.
The smartphone giant has also been the principal sponsor for ‘Kolkata Knight Riders’ in the Indian Premier League (IPL) for the last 3 years. Taking its association with the biggest cricket extravaganza forward, the smartphone giant also bagged jersey sponsorship for Royal Challengers Bangalore this season, hence becoming the first brand ever to bag the jersey sponsorship for two IPL teams in the same edition.
Gionee India country CEO, MD Arvind R Vohra said “We are extremely proud to announce our association with the mighty Prabhas. He is one the most loved and respected personalities in the country today and has earned this recognition basis his flawless and strong performance. At Gionee, we believe in providing our customers with the similar values embedded in our devices. We are positive that our association with Prabhas will further our proposition of stronger batteries and better selfies.”
The company said that within five years of establishing operations in India, it has secured a patron base of 1.25 crore in India.