- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Gionee India ropes in Prabhas as brand ambassador
MUMBAI: Bullish on strengthening its customer base in India, Gionee has roped in Prabhas as its brand ambassador.
Prabhas, the company said, has earned nationwide recognition and popularity post the release of the blockbuster ‘Bahubali: The Conclusion’.
Gionee’s new campaign #Selfiestan introduces to the world a new generation of Hindustanis, who love to capture every expression and emotion of their life, completely changing the mindset and scenario of traditional forms of imaging in India.
Gionee’s current associations include the charismatic Indian skipper Virat Kohli, reigning queen of Hindi films Alia Bhatt, dynamic and bold Dulquer Salmaan, versatile Diljit Dosanjh and the loved actress Shruti Hasan.
The smartphone giant has also been the principal sponsor for ‘Kolkata Knight Riders’ in the Indian Premier League (IPL) for the last 3 years. Taking its association with the biggest cricket extravaganza forward, the smartphone giant also bagged jersey sponsorship for Royal Challengers Bangalore this season, hence becoming the first brand ever to bag the jersey sponsorship for two IPL teams in the same edition.
Gionee India country CEO, MD Arvind R Vohra said “We are extremely proud to announce our association with the mighty Prabhas. He is one the most loved and respected personalities in the country today and has earned this recognition basis his flawless and strong performance. At Gionee, we believe in providing our customers with the similar values embedded in our devices. We are positive that our association with Prabhas will further our proposition of stronger batteries and better selfies.”
The company said that within five years of establishing operations in India, it has secured a patron base of 1.25 crore in India.