- China Says Area Where Road Being Built Does Not Belong To Bhutan, India
- TMC not to attend GST roll-out programme: Mamata
- Byculla jail inmate death: Court permits Indrani Mukerjea to lodge complaint as she alleges sexual assault threat
- Mob thrashes man, suspected of slaughtering cow
- 62 per cent votes cast in second phase of local polls in Nepal
- RIL refinances $2.3 billion loans to cut interest cost
- Mallya paves way for F1 team to be a force without India
- 7th Pay Commission: Modi Cabinet approves revision in HRA rates, other allowances
Gatorade India ropes in PV Sindhu as brand ambassador
MUMBAI: Gatorade India has signed on PV Sindhu as its brand ambassador. The move is a reiteration of PepsiCo India’s commitment to communicating the benefits of its healthier food and beverage offerings to consumers.
Gatorade will also be unveiling an all-new #SweatMore campaign featuring Sindhu in a digital film that shows the brand’s close partnership with the athlete. Gatorade’s new #SweatMore comes from the belief that winning comes from within and if you work hard for your goals, anything is possible.
Gatorade India plans to have Sindhu work with the Gatorade Sports Science Institute during the period of the partnership, to better understand her training and match-day nutrition.
Gatorade claims that its scientific formula has the right amount of carbohydrates, electrolytes and flavour that can help an athlete rehydrate, replenish and refuel while playing sports.
Pepsi India VP beverage category Vipul Prakash said, “We are delighted to welcome PV Sindhu into the PepsiCo India family. We believe that Gatorade is the perfect fuel for PV Sindhu and we are happy to partner her. Gatorade is a scientifically formulated sports drink that provides the right hydration and fuelling during a strenuous game or a training session. PV Sindhu personifies the spirit of the brand through her determination and winning attitude.”
Sindhu said, “There is no substitute for hard work. However, hard work comes with long hours of practice, persistence and perspiration. Each day throws a new challenge and you must be fit to take it head on. Gatorade helps athletes do just that. I am extremely honoured to join the Gatorade family of athletes, which consists of sporting legends across the world.”
In 2016, PV Sindhu became the first Indian woman to win an Olympic silver medal and currently ranks among the top 10 players in the world.