- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Gatorade India ropes in PV Sindhu as brand ambassador
MUMBAI: Gatorade India has signed on PV Sindhu as its brand ambassador. The move is a reiteration of PepsiCo India’s commitment to communicating the benefits of its healthier food and beverage offerings to consumers.
Gatorade will also be unveiling an all-new #SweatMore campaign featuring Sindhu in a digital film that shows the brand’s close partnership with the athlete. Gatorade’s new #SweatMore comes from the belief that winning comes from within and if you work hard for your goals, anything is possible.
Gatorade India plans to have Sindhu work with the Gatorade Sports Science Institute during the period of the partnership, to better understand her training and match-day nutrition.
Gatorade claims that its scientific formula has the right amount of carbohydrates, electrolytes and flavour that can help an athlete rehydrate, replenish and refuel while playing sports.
Pepsi India VP beverage category Vipul Prakash said, “We are delighted to welcome PV Sindhu into the PepsiCo India family. We believe that Gatorade is the perfect fuel for PV Sindhu and we are happy to partner her. Gatorade is a scientifically formulated sports drink that provides the right hydration and fuelling during a strenuous game or a training session. PV Sindhu personifies the spirit of the brand through her determination and winning attitude.”
Sindhu said, “There is no substitute for hard work. However, hard work comes with long hours of practice, persistence and perspiration. Each day throws a new challenge and you must be fit to take it head on. Gatorade helps athletes do just that. I am extremely honoured to join the Gatorade family of athletes, which consists of sporting legends across the world.”
In 2016, PV Sindhu became the first Indian woman to win an Olympic silver medal and currently ranks among the top 10 players in the world.