- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Fork Media acquires majority stake in audio advertising platform Rappio
MUMBAI: Digital ad-tech company Fork Media has acquired a majority stake in Rappio Advertising, a start-up that has a platform for digital audio advertising.
Rappio, founded in 2016, is a platform that enables brands to use their audio advertising formats, like ad jingles, promos, announcements, etc. to be played back as ringtones on end-user smartphones. Users can select from a variety of “ad ringtones” provided by Rappio and set it as their ringtone. Users are incentivised each time their phone rings playing out an ad tune.
Fork Media has a slew of native advertising and premium advertising products that are integrated on top tier publishers in India, UAE, Indonesia and Singapore. With the acquisition of Rappio, the company plans to introduce audio-based advertising at scale using its large inventory of premium publishers and create new avenues for brands.
Rappio co-founder Nirav Shah said, “Fork Media and Rappio have a common vision for innovating and driving the advertising experience through alternate inventories in the digital medium. With their experienced leadership, innovative products and proven expertise, we think it’s a perfect fit to take Rappio to the next level”.
Speaking on the deal, Fork Media founder and CEO Samar Verma said: “At Fork Media, we have always believed in collaborating with the best minds in the ad-tech space and have been able to deliver many differentiated offerings to brands through our past acquisitions. We believe Rappio can cause a disruptive opportunity for brands to take their radio spends into the digital medium with high degree of measurability, targeting and transparency”.
Shah will head the business division within Fork Media as CEO and Founder of Rappio. Rappio will operate out of Fork Media’s Mumbai headquarters and will leverage Fork Media’s sales and technology teams.