- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
E-commerce ousts mobile phone service, becomes top category advertiser in IPL 8
MUMBAI: Indian Premier League (IPL) season 8 has seen a 0.3 per cent rise in ad volumes over the previous edition, according to TAM Media Research.
However, the count of brands and categories has dipped to 100 and 39 respectively in IPL season 8 from 104 and 43 in the previous season.
The internet service-B2C and online shopping is the top category in this edition of the tournament, TAM’s advertising update for IPL season 8 shows. In the previous edition, the cellular phone service was the dominant category.
Vodafone cellular phone service and Amazon have retained their position as the top two brands.