- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
E-commerce ousts mobile phone service, becomes top category advertiser in IPL 8
MUMBAI: Indian Premier League (IPL) season 8 has seen a 0.3 per cent rise in ad volumes over the previous edition, according to TAM Media Research.
However, the count of brands and categories has dipped to 100 and 39 respectively in IPL season 8 from 104 and 43 in the previous season.
The internet service-B2C and online shopping is the top category in this edition of the tournament, TAM’s advertising update for IPL season 8 shows. In the previous edition, the cellular phone service was the dominant category.
Vodafone cellular phone service and Amazon have retained their position as the top two brands.