- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
E-commerce ousts mobile phone service, becomes top category advertiser in IPL 8
MUMBAI: Indian Premier League (IPL) season 8 has seen a 0.3 per cent rise in ad volumes over the previous edition, according to TAM Media Research.
However, the count of brands and categories has dipped to 100 and 39 respectively in IPL season 8 from 104 and 43 in the previous season.
The internet service-B2C and online shopping is the top category in this edition of the tournament, TAM’s advertising update for IPL season 8 shows. In the previous edition, the cellular phone service was the dominant category.
Vodafone cellular phone service and Amazon have retained their position as the top two brands.