- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Digicel renews Caribbean Premier League sponsorship deal
MUMBAI: Digicel, the founding partner of Caribbean Premier League (CPL), has re-signed a multi-year contract as official telecommunications sponsor of the League.
The deal comes on the heels of Digicel’s new four-year agreement with the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) and represents a significant investment in and commitment to cricket in the region.
Through this partnership, Digicel will keep cricket fans at the edge of the excitement of the 34-game tournament with a host of engaging and interactive activities, including ticket giveaways through social media competitions and half-time shows.
Digicel also promises to ‘Bring the Beat’ to the CPL party stands across its markets with performances by some of the region’s most popular artistes – including Trinidad’s soca monarch, Machel Montano. Headlined by Machel, along with Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce and Usain Bolt, Digicel recently launched its ‘Bring the Beat’ campaign, which uses music and the celebration of extraordinary sporting talents to connect the world to the Caribbean and its culture – making it a fitting element in the biggest party in sport.
Digicel Group marketing director Peter Lloyd said, “It’s gearing up to be an exciting and action-packed CPL season and we’re looking forward to leveraging all our platforms to get fans to the games as well as to deliver live match updates to cricket fans and all customers – whether through mobile apps or through social media.”
CPL CEO Damien O’Donohoe said, “We are thrilled to have Digicel on board again for the next four years. Its partnership has helped the tournament to go from strength to strength over the years and can only get better. The CPL is now one of the top three T20 tournaments in the world and something that the people of the Caribbean should be very proud of. We have attracted some of the biggest names in world cricket and are set for another memorable campaign for the biggest party in sport.”
Digicel also commits to continue to nurture and grow cricket in the region by developing grassroots and high school programmes to create a platform for young cricketers to always put their best foot forward. As such, other activities on Digicel’s CPL agenda include school visits as well as hosting kids at each game across the region.