- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Debarghya Mitra to head MEC ‘s Bangalore operations
MUMBAI: MEC has appointed Debarghya Mitra as the head of its Bengaluru office. He will report to MEC MD T Gangadhar.
Mitra has 16 years of experience and has worked at MAA Bozell, Euro RSCG, and Universal McCann. In his last stint, he was heading Madison’s Platinum Crest, the unit that manages ITC Foods and other ITC businesses based in South India. He has also managed clients such as Tata Tea, TVS, Intel, and Levi’s, to name a few.
Gangadhar said, “With his extensive experience of managing large advertisers, Deb’s track record is formidable. We are blessed with a fantastic roster of clients in Bangalore and there is no better candidate than Deb to take stewardship of them.”
Mitra said, “Among the big agencies, MEC is the fastest growing and is now the largest agency in Bangalore. I am excited about the agency’s digital focus and integrated media approach. Hopefully, I will be able to use my experience to take things to the next level.”