- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Coca-Cola replaces Sachin Tendulkar with Ganguly as social ambassador
MUMBAI: Coca-Cola India has replaced cricketer Sachin Tendulkar with former skipper Sourav Ganguly as the social ambassador of its brand for a period of three years.
Tendulkar’s contract with the company ended last year, following which they roped in Ganguly whose contract will expire in 2017.
Coca-Cola India and South West Asia VP marketing and commercial Debabrata Mukherjee said, “Ganguly is on board and a part of the team that will lead our charge towards the FIFA Under-17 World Cup football 2017.”
Coca-Cola is a partner of the 2017 tournament to be held in India. Ganguly will also lead Coca-Cola’s football programmes and run various grassroots football activities.
Interestingly, Ganguly used to endorse Coca-Cola beverages from 1997 to 2000.