- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Coca-Cola replaces Sachin Tendulkar with Ganguly as social ambassador
MUMBAI: Coca-Cola India has replaced cricketer Sachin Tendulkar with former skipper Sourav Ganguly as the social ambassador of its brand for a period of three years.
Tendulkar’s contract with the company ended last year, following which they roped in Ganguly whose contract will expire in 2017.
Coca-Cola India and South West Asia VP marketing and commercial Debabrata Mukherjee said, “Ganguly is on board and a part of the team that will lead our charge towards the FIFA Under-17 World Cup football 2017.”
Coca-Cola is a partner of the 2017 tournament to be held in India. Ganguly will also lead Coca-Cola’s football programmes and run various grassroots football activities.
Interestingly, Ganguly used to endorse Coca-Cola beverages from 1997 to 2000.