- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
China’s handset manufacturer Oppo signs 4-year global sponsorship deal with ICC
MUMBAI: Chinese handset manufacturer Oppo has become the global on-ground partner of International Cricket Council (ICC) through a four-year deal which runs from 2016 until 2020.
Launched in China in 2004, Oppo has established itself as one of the world’s leading electronic and technology service providers. It has a strong presence in more than 20 countries and a significant number of regions worldwide, including Australia, China, USA and right across Africa, Europe, the Middle East, South Asia and Southeast Asia.
Commenting on the new partnership, ICC chief executive David Richardson said, “The ICC is delighted to welcome Oppo on board as a Global Partner and we are excited about the opportunity to team up for the next four years. Oppo is one of the market leaders in its field with an impressive worldwide presence, especially in territories where the game of cricket continues to grow and, in a lot of cases, flourish.
“Oppo has strong brand values on innovation and integrity, which are closely aligned with the ICC’s, and we believe that by partnering with Oppo, we can extend cricket’s reach even further. We look forward to working closely with them for the foreseeable future.”
Oppo vice president Sky Li said, “Oppo is very enthusiastic about supporting international cricket, and cooperating with the ICC in bringing cricket fans more of the world-class competitions that the organisation is known for. The partnership will allow us to continue to strengthen our links with consumers, as we join them in celebrating the great sport of cricket.”