- Trump Tower Mumbai Sales to Resume, Comes with Private Jet Service
- Subrata Paul suspended for dope taint, will go for 'B' sample test
- TCS, Infosys got only 8.8% of total H-1B visas: Nasscom's rebuttal to US
- Chhota Rajan, 3 others awarded 7-year jail term in fake passport case
- Shutdown in Tamil Nadu, DMK's MK Stalin arrested
- 2008 Malegaon blast case: Sadhvi Pragya Singh gets bail
BJP awards Madison media duties for assembly polls
MUMBAI: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has hired Madison Media to handle its media buying business for the upcoming state elections in Uttar Pradesh, Goa and Punjab.
The amount touted is Rs 200 crore. However, BJP officials told the Economic Times that the value would be much less than that. “At the moment, they are talking about spending Rs 120-150 crore, but the budget is likely to go up just around the elections,” a person having knowledge of the deal told the business daily.
Madison will plan the TV and print media buying strategy for the three states. Digital advertising will not form a large part of state advertising campaign.
Incidentally, Madison handled media buying for the BJP in the 2014 general election. The agency was also engaged by the BJP in the assembly elections in Assam and Tamil Nadu.
Ogilvy & Mather and Crayons are handling the creative duties for the BJP in Uttar Pradesh. The focus of the campaign will be to stress on the poor performance of the Samajwadi Party government.
BJP’s outdoor campaign in UP states ‘Ab Aur Nahin Sahenge’ (we will tolerate it no more), coupled with a woman who says ‘Darr Bana Rehta Hai’ (the fear is there).
Nearly 400 video vans have been rolled out since early December to all constituencies in UP, ET reported. These run a 10-minute film ‘UP ki Kahani’ (The story of UP). Live speeches of Prime Minister Narendra Modi delivered in UP will also be telecast.