- Delhi: Five schoolboys arrested for stabbing 17-year-old to death aboard moving bus
- HT Media’s digital business under new entity to get listed on stock exchange
- Kerala nurse assaulted on vaccination drive
- Amazon founder Jeff Bezos' net worth is now over $100-bn
- Ryan schoolboy murder: Class 11 student to be defended by Rajesh-Nupur Talwars' lawyer
- Kashmir militants kill Territorial Army jawan
Asci affirms soundness of Emami’s hair product
MUMBAI: The Advertising Standards Council of India (Asci), a self-regulatory agency, has affirmed the soundness of the claims of ‘Emami 7 Oils in One Damage Control Hair Oil’ of providing ‘up to 20x stronger hair’ and ‘up to 96% less hair fall’.
Asci’s affirmation on the soundness of the product comes in the wake of complaint received on the claims being made by the brand. The regulatory body dismissed the complaints.
To substantiate its claims, Emami had submitted detailed response along with clinical trial reports done at an international laboratory in the US, which proved that there was up to 96% reduction in hair fibre breakage for ‘damaged Indian black hair’ treated with single application of ‘Emami 7 Oils in One’ vis-a vis untreated hair of similar origin.
Emami also shared instrumental studies conducted at IIT Mumbai to validate the product’s efficacy in terms of hair fibre smoothness and its thickness.
Based on the defence, the Consumer Complaint Council (CCC) of Asci concluded that both the claims of ‘up to 20X Stronger Hair’ and ‘up to 96% Less Hair Fall’ have been duly substantiated and do not mislead consumers.