- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Aircel becomes principal sponsor of ISL Kolkata team
MUMBAI: Telecom service provider Aircel has become the principal sponsor of Sourav Ganguly-co-owned Indian Super League (ISL) team Atletico de Kolkata. The Aircel logo will be used on the front of team jersey and training kits of the football club.
India’s leading sports management company Nimbus Sport has advised Aircel and Atletico De Kolkata on their partnership.
Atletico De Kolkata co-owner Sourav Ganguly said, “It is great to see corporate like Aircel come forward and are so passionate and committed about promoting sports in the country. We are very happy that they are with us now as principal sponsor and I am sure it is just the start of a lasting and rewarding relationship.”
“We are delighted to have Aircel as the principal sponsor for Atlético de Kolkata and welcome them on-board. We look forward to working with them. The decision was made easy as there are definite synergies in our vision for Atlético de Kolkata. This association symbolises a shared dream of creating a successful brand and a world-class franchise,” said Goenka Group chairman and co-owner Atlético de Kolkata Sanjiv Goenka.
Aircel has been associated with various sports, such as cricket, football, tennis, hockey and golf. The telco is the principal sponsor of IPL team Chennai Super Kings and is also the title sponsor of India’s only ATP event Chennai Open.
Aircel chief marketing officer Anupam Vasudev added, “We drive business and build brand affinity by engaging with the youth in innovative ways, be it by offering variety of products and services, or associating with sports like cricket, tennis or football. Football is clearly kicking up a lot of buzz among young people. Passion, agility, energy and youthfulness are the attributes which define this sport, which are also a part of Aircel’s DNA—being one of the young fastest growing telecom players in India.”